Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Post #17

Thought for the day:

When there’s nothing left to be said,
some idiot will probably say it.

....................................................................

Sad to say, Saturday was the last time I posted a blog. What’s unusual about that is that I was speechless (blog-wise or otherwise) for two full days. Normally when I have nothing to say, I say it anyway (see the thought for the day), so I have no explanation for missing two opportunities in a row. I’ll try to make up for that now.

Looking back a couple of days, Sunday was the 59th anniversary of #1 son Darrell’s birthday. That’s incredible to me because it all happened so fast. Thinking back to my own life, it seemed like it took much longer for me to reach that milestone. I suppose it’s all relative, but I wonder if the attainment of that age came as slowly for Darrell as it did for me at the time, or if it seems to have gone all too quickly, as it does to me today. Well, in any case, here’s a belated Happy Birthday son, and a great big “Thank You” for being the son, husband, father, and grandfather you are. You are a point of pride for Grandma and me.

Grandma and I are looking forward to tomorrow’s memoirs writing class. Our regular teacher, Ann Thompson, has been in Orange County for the past two weeks helping in the birth of a new granddaughter. The lady who filled in for her is a real doll, but her style of teaching is just a bit different than Ann’s so we are eager to get back to the normal routine—which in this class is pretty casual. Grandma has been faithful about putting together some stories from her childhood and has been getting good critiques (and praise) from our classmates.

Toworrow (as I said) we will be going to writing class all afternoon. That lets us out with just enough time to eat something and head off to Bible study, That makes Wednesday a rather full day so I suspect we won’t have a posting for it either. I know you’ll miss us but try to bear up. Obviously this is just a token blog, but it is late and bed is calling, so zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just for the record, today on TV the news showed President Obama and Vice President Biden, each having a cheeseburger and french fries in a hamburger joint in Arlington, Va. That’s the best news I’ve heard coming out of Washington in a long time.


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy a president who can appreciate a good burger and fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Grandpa!
    I just wanted you to know that I love reading your blogs! Up until today, I couldn't figure out how to post comments. Chelsea had to show me how. But, I do read all of your posts. It's great to hear what you and Grandma are up to.
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete