Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Post #2

This has been a typical Grandma/Grandpa day, and that's good. We got up in time to have our morning devotion, eat breakfast and rush off to my first appointment of the day--with cardiologist, Dr. Joe Rod. (Yes, that's really his name even though it sounds like it should be attached to a heavily tattooed biker instead of a heart specialist). Got through with him with a little time to spare so Grandma and I ate a leisurely lunch at Taco Bell. (We didn't tell Dr. Rod that we were going to do that). An hour or so later we headed for an appointment with my primary care doc, Addy Squarer. The results of the various tests that the two doctors took all looked good so it looks like we're safe for another two months, at least. Our mad social whirl continues early tomorrow morning at O'Connor Hospital where grandma will be having a PETscan in preparation for next week's appointment with her oncologist. (Does it seem like a pattern is developing here?) When we pull out of the driveway each day, I think the car just automatically heads toward the medical canter. These trips are pretty important, though, and the good reports are always welcome, so our day really has been a good one.



Someone has suggested that, among other things that may become a part of this blog site, we develop an "Ask Grandpa" department; the idea being that you can ask any question and grandpa will try to answer it based on his vast knowledge and Oz-like wisdom, of course. For instance you might want to know the origin of some word or phrase, how something is made, or what I (we) did for fun when we were kids. Or anything else for that matter. I don't guarantee that I'll be able to answer every question (in fact, I can guarantee that I won't be able to answer every question) but I'll make a stab at it. So, if that sort of thing appeals to anyone, just let me know.



Well, as I said earlier, we have to be up and running early tomorrow morning so this will have to be 30 for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you and Grandma do devotions together every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look at the doctor appointments as a way to control your crazy medical addiction! :) A doctor's visit a day keeps the emergency room away. I think Benjamin Franklin said that.

    ReplyDelete