Thought for the day
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, “…you’re right! I never would have thought of that.”
…………………………………………………………
Whew! Here it is the seventh day of blogging already. I realize that this blogging thing isn't supposed to be an indurance race, but I do feel some responsibility to keep it going as often as possible. Beside that, it's fun! At the same time, though, it is giving me a better understanding of why God rested on the seventh day.
Within the next few days I hope to learn how to insert pictures and other good stuff in these daily messages. Oh! I know, it's really easy to do. Of course it is if you know what you're doing, just like anything else in life, but until I get some more help from my kids, I'll just have to struggle along the best way that I can.
This has been a beautiful day! The sun has been out all day and the temperature has been in the high 80s. That's my kind of weather. The church service was really good. Kevin McCauley did the preaching in his usual thoughtful teacher style. Grandma and I enjoyed it a lot but continue to have a problem with the music (?). Personally, we would like to see a better balance (or any balance) between the praise choruses and meaningful gospel hymns.
One more thought....
I’m not very good at remembering dates (that’s why high school history was such a struggle for me) but just now it occurred to me that if my mother were still alive we would be celebrating her 106th birthday today, April 19. She led a great life and deserves the eternal rest she is now enjoying. I do wish, though, that all of our grandkids, great grandkids, and future generations had had the chance to know her and love her as we do. She was the perfect partner for my dad and, like him, touched the hearts of untold hundreds of people. Happy birthday, Mom.
-30-
Kids Central and Splash Dance
11 years ago
I'm enjoying your blog, Daddy. So much to learn about you and Mom! Love you, Teri
ReplyDeleteI wish that I'd gotten the chance to meet Grandma Katie. She sounds like a really interesting woman.
ReplyDeleteAs her namesake, I really wish I had been able to meet Grandma Katie. Mom talks about her all the time - sounds like she was way more of a spitfire like Marlie than a rule-follower like me!
ReplyDelete