Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1
.................................................
Today's thought has special significance to Grandma and me. Yesterday's meeting with our oncologist was not too encouraging. Grandma's last PETscan showed something in the lobe of each lung that looked suspicious--maybe a return of cancer or possibly just some kind of congestion or infection. They don't really know at this stage of the game. Dr. Yuei (pronounced "Way") said that whatever it is, it's very slow growing so they don't want to start chemo again if it's not necessary. The good doctor has set up an appointment for another PETscan in three months. In the meantime, we (and they) will monitor the situation very carefully and make whatever adjustments are necessary if there's a noticeable change. God has been extremely good to us. Grandma has been in remission for two years this month. We will continue to place our faith in Him and ask that our family, friends, et al, pray that His will be done.
If you have been following these blogs, you no doubt noticed that I missed posting anything yesterday. Well, there are at least two reasons for that and maybe a lot more. First, of course, was that yesterday's events (chronicled above) were a little overpowering and I felt like I needed to take some time to think about things other than putting words on paper just to be doing it. Then, of course, since the Giants didn't play yesterday, I didn't have that much to say. They did play today, though, and won 1 to 0 when Benji Molena got a pinch hit to drive in the winning run in the bottom of the 11th inning. That's good news!
At today's memoirs writing class, Grandma read a story she had written about when she was growing up in Southern California. It got a lot of compliments and good feedback, for which I'm glad. I hope it will inspire her to write more of that sort of thing.
-30-
We'll be praying for Grandma!!!
ReplyDelete