Monday, April 13, 2009

Post #1

Well, I guess today is as good as any to get my feet wet. This whole concept of blogging is not an easy one for Grandma and me to grasp but, thanks to Jamey who set up "Grandpa Ralph's Corner" for me, we'll give it a try. Thanks Jamey...I think.


Like many (most?) people who post things on the internet, I don't have anything that is particularly important to say, but I'll say it anyway. If any of you get something from it I'll be happy; in any event, it may prove to be theraputic for me.


Yesterday was a special day for Grandma and me in several ways. First of all, it was Easter Sunday! How much more special can you get than that? We went to the early service at our church (Central Christian in San Jose) and it was a good one. For one thing, the song service included several great "old time" hymns, something we seldom get to hear or sing (as a congregation) any more. Then, the sermon was a winner. Roger did a take off on the CSI television series, gathering and examining the proof that Jesus was crucified, buried, and rose on the third day, just as is prophesied and recorded in the scriptures. Very compelling. After church we went to Fresh Choice for lunch. No ham and/or turkey but good salads and soup. In the afternoon granddaughters Chelsea and Mallory came over for an hour or so and we had a great visit--as usual. Then we met the Heberlings for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant. That group included daughter Teri, husband John, granddaughters Katie and Marlie plus John's dad(also John), brother Jerry, Jerry's wife Kristin and their daughter Becka (whew!). Good food, good company!

8 comments:

  1. Nice start. Now all you have to do is Day 2, then 3 ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited that you've started blogging! I look forward to keeping in touch with you this way. You've inspired me to start mine again.
    By the way, Mallory and I had a wonderful time with you and Grandma yesterday. Every minute with you two is time well spent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, well...I guess I better get on the bandwagon. I enjoyed reading about your day. Am looking forward to seeing some pics, too! Jamey can show you how to post those.

    I'm getting the bug again...maybe I'll start writing on a blog, too. It's a great way to keep in touch without having to write to each one's email address.

    Good job, Dad! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...now I've read "Day 1" twice...where's Day 2?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool. I love keeping up this way. Here I thought I was pretty up to date on you guys and I'm finding out you've had a lot of doctor appts. lately. I'm sorry I haven't been able to go with you to them. This new job is fun, but I'd forgotten how much time retail takes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Another blogger in the family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So Grandpa is way hipper than me. I haven't started a blog...yet. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete