Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
--Winston Churchill
..................................................................................
Today, unlike many of my days, has been a very productive one, which is surprising considering that I spent most of last night mentally doing several projects that I have in the works. After our morning devotion, we ate breakfast, then did some banking--that is, we went down and looked to see if the bank was still there or if it and our meager savings might have vanished during the night. Our really good financial advisor at the bank told us that, despite what we might have read in the papers, we were probably okay for at least another day. From that good news we stopped by the Santa Clara Adult Education offices to make some copies and to pick up a project--a students' guide booklet--that I am doing for them. By then it was almost lunchtime so we headed over to Cosco where we had a great Polish sausage for me and a foot-long hot dog for grandma. That's one of my special treats and Grandma is real good about letting us indulge ourselves every once in a while.
Got home from there just in time to wash my hair and go to the barber. I've been going to this same lovely Vietnamese lady barber for the last 20-some-odd years. We've seen her carrying and birthing 2 sons, both of whom are now in college. Spent the rest of the day corresponding with 3 people--one of the letters was even snail mail. Had planned to spend part of the evening watching the Oakland A's play the Yankees, but that game was postponed for some reason or other, so I spent a little time with a book from a friend, and now I'm writing this. Well it has been pretty productive--at least up to this point.
-30-
I'm glad to here that your bank was still there. It's been a scary thing wondering if everything will just disappear overnight.
ReplyDeleteWhat is this "snail mail" of which you speak? :)
Boy, wish I was a productive as you are...and as funny. Love reading your blogs!
ReplyDeleteThis is really fantastic - you have such a great sense of humor! I wish I had a meager savings to check on!:)
ReplyDelete