Thursday, April 16, 2009

Post #4

Rats! We weren't able to watch the Giants play tonight because the game was televised on a channel we don't get on our less-than-fancy Comcast package. We were counting on seeing Barry Zito find his groove. Instead, we watched CSI. Lately I get the feeling that the story line of CSI is getting a bit far-fetched. There's not really as much emphasis on forensics (the thing that attracted us to it in the first place) as there is in trying to create an unusual story. Too bad!
Before watching anything on the TV this evening I spent a few minutes rereading one of my favorite books: Growing Up by Russell Baker. Time well spent; probably should have spent more time with it and a lot less time with TV. Live and learn.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still waiting to see Zito find his groove. For the money that we pay him, he should have been born in the groove.

    What's Growing Up about?

    ReplyDelete